Friday, May 25, 2007

test of time..rather engg!!


Damn i hate this part about engineering..in fact i hate most of the things related to engineering. Anyways its that time of the year when we buggers have to undergo the gruelling ordeal of writing an exam and more importantly clearing it..!! After why the fuck are we then studying?? Most people (me included) are doing engineering for the heck of it...to get the degree so that we can land up with a job.Hardly a handful of us know what the hell we have learnt so far. Anyways I'm mid way of my exams and believe no one likes writing them especially in the hot and sultry weather..it totally sux!! I got another copla exams to get through before i finish my 3 yr( yes..I've almost done it..even I'm surprised that i lasted this long :P )

Let me take you a week back ie on 18 may 2007 , the day my exams started and it was one stupid management paper. I entered the exam hall and i took me around 5 minutes to find my place. The goddamn hall is like an auditorium with nearly 100 tables arranges in one column and there are 5 such columns..so u can imagine the confusion that i faced. Once i find my place the bloody table isn't proper with one of its legs wobbling. So i do the next sensible thing, instead of fiddling around with the table interchange it with one of the other tables near by ;) . The examiner comes and hands over the answer sheet. I fill up all the shitty details about college n course name and crap and wait for the clock to strike 10'o clock , the time when the examiner hands over the time bomb which you have to diffuse within 3 hours. I brush through the question paper and i was thankful that i could write something apart from my registration no n college crap..managed to fill in a few pages and wrote 4 answers with relative ease. I mean which bugger cant write a management paper..all you need is to blabber about time management,efficiency n productivity and basic shit like tat. Somehow managed to get done with this paper and this is where all my comforts ended..the rest of the exams were going to be hell.
After a days break, rather a holiday to study which i didn't make use of i go in for my next exam. This one being some process control stuff and this subject is an absolute pain in the ass (most subjects are pain in the ass...but this one of those special ones). One look at the question paper and i was frantically counting how many marks i could by just merely attempting. I hardly knew any question properly..in the sense that i knew something in everything..just an general idea, but the question how much could i blabber with the limited information i had. I started with backwards and wrote the answer pretty decently. It was just the gift of the gab..kept saying the same stuff in in 10 different ways. In this manner managed to write 3 questions. The 4 and 5 questions i wrote a line each,gave my answer sheet and walked off. This one is gonna be a cat on the wall situation and i'm hoping that i fall on the right side of the wall..
Will write about the rest of the exams in the next blog..but as of now things dont look too bright...its just some crazy shit that i read and makes absolutely no sense to me...rite now i think i'll have to crash..might as well make use of the time to sleep when the time is available rather than repenting later ;)

4 comments:

bornfortheu.s.a said...

join the club!! the same story wid all would be engineers...btw i have added ur blog to my blog list...

Mystic Freak said...

dude wat ever u have blogged is absulutely right

engg students must fill the answers sheet with shit to get marks...

Waiting for ur next blog abt rest of the exams

Ankit said...

however repetitive it may sound..
you've spoken like a true engineer!

Luna Emperatrice said...

Laziness is a universal trait.
But let me say this, studies are important. Though you say you didn't learn anything in that course from your blog hmmm I say otherwise.
Besides, not all people are merely taking up a course so they could land just about any job they wish.
Though that is one of the ultimate goals. But others do study for something they wish to excel in.
Remember, as an engineer your designs could somehow protect lives.
Take care and be persistent!