Saturday, May 12, 2007

keep walking....

I got off from the bus one fine evening on a Saturday. I had just been to the beach and had a a real merry time with my friends. I had time to kill. The sky had been overcast since the evening and now the time was about 6 Pm. The weather was great and i felt like having a walk. The breeze blew past my face, the feeling was just exhilarating and resuscitated the energy within me.i started walking towards my place...

I saw this man with a briefcase in his hand, who evidently seemed to be in quite a hurry. One could make out the beads of sweat on his forehead and shirt also apparently was also drenched with sweat, even in this kind of pleasant weather. Maybe this fellow had a lot of problem bothering him. Maybe his child was unwell or his deal wasn't a success. Whatever the reason one could make out the frustration in his eyes and there was sense of desperation written all over him.

I saw a hawker urging me to buy to buy his wares. It looked from his appearance that he too apparently had a very tiring day. However he had a smile on his face showing the signs of optimism that he had within him. He had beside him a small girl who's look of innocence is hard to forget. Her eyes were radiant in spite of the tattered dress she wore giving a feeling of hope that something better is yet to come and all this just a passing phase.

I saw a group of children playing playing cricket in a ground. Maybe they had come from school and had headed straight for some amusement.After all this time wont come back again. They will never be of the same age again (unless someone invents a time machine...which ain't gonna happen). Someday they too will be passing out of college hunting for a job and supporting a family in additon to be burdened with their aspirations and their dreams. Life can be an absolute pain at times but the joy of life takes is in taking up these challenges and coming out on top.

I see a mother with her baby in her arms. The face of the mother is calm and glows with the happiness. The baby keeps moving its arms in an attempt to grab something that it wants. There is a hidden desire within it and that one may fail to understand. The child is such a docile cration that one can't but admire the innocence. The clouds crak open with the first drops of the rain falling. As a drop falls on the childs face, the tear from its eyes roll down its cheeks...

I look up the heavens and experience the ecstacy and the bliss of the rain drops that fall onto my face. I thank the Almighty for the good things in my life and as pellets of rain drops turn into a torrent....i continue walking...

No comments: