Monday, May 14, 2007

heat...

The movie is worth a watch...Robert de Niro and Al Pacino. One is a cop and the other a thief. It has got certain scenes which are just unbeatable and especially the scene where in Al Pacino and de Niro have a talk and then the guns start blazing. But the review of the movie will be kept for some other day. Its the goddamn weather that is getting onto my nerves.

Its the month of may and the place is already simmering. The heat is just getting unbearable these days. It feels as if one has being kept in a furnace for baking. The other day when i ventured out in order to go to the bank,as i stepped into the daylight, it felt as if a hot iron rod had been placed on my back. It was just unbearable. One doesn't even want to go out these days and the mercury is soaring reaching temperatures as high as 43 c!!! Are we in the subcontinent or in the Gulf or even worse, a place in the Sahara. Only the evenings in a way are pleasant but they hardly last for a substantial time.

Every day i get up with stickiness and the musty smell of the air due to the AC. I head straight for the shower and stand under it for nearly half an hour. Its such an exhilarating feeling having the water falling on your back and soothes the mind too. Well at least fir me this is best way to get some physical relief for the time being. If one steps into the shower at later than 10 Am then he's literally gonna be taking a bath in boiling water and when he comes he feels all the more exhausted and drowsy. I've been sleeping for nearly 8 to 10 hours during the day time and i attribute the drowsiness and the indolence to the heat. All that one does is switches on the AC and keeps it running for the next 24 hours. With the exams starting in a couple of days i wonder how am keep myself from falling asleep. I'm reaching heights of indolence these days and loads of work to finish. Another major issue is the power crisis. Though not as bad as the other states however there are issues related with electricity which are a major concern. When electricity is cut off it becomes an absolute pain and its impossible to stay within the house and its difficult to even venture out. Either ways its a hopeless situation and somethings need to be done to beat the heat. Its just driving me to the point of banging my head on the wall. I wish that some one would deport me to Antarctica or Greenland, at least even if freeze there it'll be in some cool climate but please at least give me ideas of how to beat the heat...!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a cool blog :)!I especially liked the writing on 'loneliness'! it waaaas great!

how to beat summer?I absolutely have NO idea, this palce is worse than India I think! but since i have no exams coming up, i can be drowsy and sleepy the whole day!

and yepp, ur post took me back to the colleg days, when the summer,powercut,hostel,and exams all rolled together giving us days of 'fun'!

Takecare!
keep blogging :)!

T.h.E. b.L.e.S.s.E.d. O.n.E said...

Oh my god!!! Jus wish that there shouldn't be a powercut the night before the exams....