Sunday, June 24, 2007

the dream of death


A dream. I had a dream. I was in a strange land. A vast wilderness. The place was isolated and was completely devoid of any life. The land was barren and the mud was cracking. As the wind blew past my ear i got this eerie sense of feeling that something wasn't right. I decided to move ahead. I walked on and on but met no one in the vast wilderness. I called, i shouted...but none answered. The place was absolutely silent. I was alone. Alone in this wide world where there was no sign of life. The sun was beating down with all its might and the heat was getting unbearable. Then all of a sudden out of no where an voice beckoned me.It was a raspy one and sent a chill down my spine. As i moved closer towards the voice, the air around me started becoming cooler. The colour from my face started fading and i could see my hands turn white. There was this feeling that i got which induced into me a fear that i had never felt before. It was as if someone was sucking away the life within gradually which increased the pain all the more. A searing pain shot through my chest and my forehead was burning. My limbs went numb and everything in front of me started fading away into obscurity. The voice once again called out my name...this time in a rather harsh manner. As much as i wanted to move away from the voice, there was force that was pulling me towards it. I screamed n shouted but none heard me. By this time my forehead felt like splitting and all of a sudden the ground beneath me gave way. As i fell into the abysmal depths of the earth i saw shadow like figure on the top...my tryst with DEATH was over...and i plunged into the darkness....

No comments: